Don't you love a nice soup in the fall? Yes, me too.
I found this recipe in Fresh magazine that is put out by our grocery store. As usual, I made a few changes. The Recipe is called Asian Meatball Soup with Kale and Rice Noodles but I ended up making
Asian Meatball Soup with Kale and Sweet Potato:
4 quarter size slices of ginger
2 cups diced sweet potatoes
1 tsp grated ginger
12 oz ground beef (I used turkey)
1 egg white
2 tsp plain bread crumbs
2 cloves minced garlic
2.5 tsp soy sauce
3 cups trimmed chopped kale
1.5 tsp sesame oil
2 scallions, thinly sliced.
1. In a large saucepan, combine broth and ginger slices. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, diced. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender.
2. While broth cooks, make meatballs. Combine grated ginger, meat, egg white, bread crumbs, garlic and soy sauce. Form 16-20 meatballs.
3. Remove ginger slices from the broth with a slotted spoon and discard. Place meatballs in the broth and bring to a gentle boil for about 10 minutes. Add kale. Cook for 10 more minutes.
4. If you are adding rice noodles now, you would want to have them cooked and rinsed and then add them at the very end.
5. Stir sesame oil and scallions into broth. Divide into 4 bowls and serve.